Thursday, April 19, 2018

Easy Toddler breakfast Ideas

If you've got a toddler- you know it ain't easy most of the time. This is why I pre-make most of her breakfasts. Muffins and squares are easily stored in the freezer and I can just take out a few for the week and pack with some berries and she;s good to go. I do try to change it up so she doesn't get bored so I'm always trying out new things. This Chia pudding recipe is crazy easy and you can make the night before. A small jar of this is enough for 2 days, with some homemade granola and some fruit, we're rockin. You can make this plain with just the chia seeds and milk, or you can try my version below, its got a few extras for added nutrients and flavour. I make this in either vanilla or chocolate- whatever her majesty requests LOL


Banana Almond Butter Chia Pudding

Ingredients:

1 Cup Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
3 Tbs organic chia seeds
1 Tbs organic cinnamon flax almond butter (or any nut butter)
1 Tbs organic unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbs organic hemp hearts
1/2 organic banana
1/2 scoop plant based protein powder (I use sun warrior or iron vegan)
for chocolate add 1 Tbs cocoa powder
for vanilla you can add 1/2 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract

Method:

Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth. Put in a closed container (I use a mason jar) and place in the fridge overnight. The next morning it will thicken and solidify to a pudding like texture. Serve alone or with fresh fruit and granola.






as you  can see she totally digs it




I made a chocolate version of my baby pancake recipe- since Lennon is getting older and has discovered chocolate, I thought it only fair that she get to have some...even if its not "real" chocolate, she still doesn't know the difference and Ill keep it that way as long as I can! This is also the updated version as I relaized the one that is posted on here is from when she was an infant- basically the same but I no longer use the baby oat cereal, regular oat flour. These are totally yummy and I make these for hubbs and I as well, not just Lennon!

Chocolate Flourless Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 organic banana
1 organic egg
2 tbs organic oat flour
1 tbs hemp hearts
2 tbs golden flaxmeal
1 tbs almond butter
1 Tbs cocoa powder

Method:

In a small bowl mash the banana, then add the egg and whisk together. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well til you have a batter. The trick is to keep the pan at medium to low heat, so they don't burn, and keep them small.  Watch them closely, they are not as sturdy as real pancakes, so you have to be gentle flipping them.Just omit the cocoa for the regular version. Top with whatever you fancy.

 




Yum Chocolate!!







No comments:

Post a Comment