Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Baby "pancakes"

So Im still refining this recipe a bit, have made it a few times, and I slightly change it every time, lol.  It works everytime I make it, Im just still perfecting it. I figured I'd post it up, and update the recipe if I change it. Its pretty quick and easy to make, and I keep it in the rotation for Lennon's breakfast or lunch.

Lennon approves.




I figured out the trick is to keep the pan at medium to low heat, so they don't burn, and keep them small.  Watch them closely, they are not as sturdy as real pancakes, so you have to be gentle flipping them. They taste pretty yummy and are not made with flour like real pancakes, so way healthier. You can totally add beriies or chopped fruit into the batter too, or just serve on the side.

Here it is:

1 organic banana
1 organic egg
2 tbs organic baby oat cereal (or oat flour)
1 tbs hemp hearts
2 tbs golden flaxmeal
1 tbs almond butter
**you can add 1/2 tsp cinnamon to batter as well, my almond butter has cinnamon in it)

In a small bowl mash the banana, then add the egg and whisk together. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend well til you have a batter.



 Heat your pan on low to medium heat and add coconut oil. Once pan is heated, pour small scoops of batter onto the pan. It only takes a few minuites to cook, and you will need to flip very carefully, as they are kinda flimsy. but once they are flipped, press down a bit on the pancake to ensure they cook through.




You just gotta eyeball them, once they lok browned on either side and cooked through, remove, cool and serve to your little one, or you!  As I mentioned, this one is still in progress, I'll update the progress on this one if anything changes.

By no means am I a pro at this recipe stuff , I have a very experimental way of coming up with my recipes, trial and error and usually just go with it, lol. If it works and it tastes good, its a keeper!

Here is the finished product





No comments:

Post a Comment