Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Recipe! Fruit and Vegetable muffins

Just came up with a new muffin recipe for little Lennon. She definitely enjoyed them! I just broke them up into little pieces so she could feed herself.



These babies are pretty easy to make, the only thing that takes a bit of time is grating the apple and carrot. I kept a few out and the rest are in the freezer, so on the days I need to drop her off at nonnas place in the morning when I have classes, I can just grab a muffin and a little container with organic raspberries and blueberries and were out the door! Rad.

These muffins are gluten free, high in fiber, made with banana, apple and carrots but I think you could totally use zucchini instead of carrots, I'm going to try that next time....I always like to add my fav superfoods: flax, chia and hemp hearts, into the mix also. These could be for us grown ups as well, maybe add a bit of agave to sweeten it up for us. Lots of possabilites for add ons too, raisins, nuts, blueberries....

Preheat oven to 375

1/4 cup almond butter (I make my own and add to cinnamon to it, so I don't add the extra cinnamon below)
1 ripe organic banana
1 organic egg
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 wheat free oats
1/4 cup golden flaxmeal
2 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs hemp hearts
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup grated organic apple
1/2 cup grated organic carrots

It's as easy as this:

Put everything but the chia seeds, grated carrot and apple in a food processor and blend til all the oats have broken down and the mixture is smooth. Add  the chia, carrots and apple and pulse to break up the fruit and veg to smaller pieces, no need to puree, you want some small chunks in there. Fill up your lined muffin tins, you should get about 9 muffins. Then pop in the oven for about 15 min, check em out, give or take 15-17 min depending on your oven. Just use a toothpick and if it comes out clean, you're good to go. just let them cool a bit before eating.




super yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment