Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Week of Healthy Dinner Ideas

Eating healthy doesn't have to be boring. I LOVE to cook, and now being home more I have the opportunity to do so, so I like to be creative and have fun with our dinners. There are a few days I get home later and I don't have too much time, but that's when I get my pre-made stuff out of the freezer and we're all good. Whenever I have time on a night I'm not working, or the weekends, I make stuff to freeze so its all ready to go when I need it. I'll even make extra of the weekday dinners to freeze or for hubbs to take to lunch the next day.

This is a week of my meals.

Not crazy complicated or time consuming to make, but super yum and healthy for you and your family. I actually plan my week of meals on the Friday before, and that's the day I go grocery shopping. I also get inspired when I'm shopping, but I like to have an idea so I know what to shop for. I generally buy all organic, but do whatever works for you and your family. Some of these dishes I make regularly. I get asked a lot about my eating habits from my clients, so this post will hopefully give some ideas and inspiration.


Monday: Grilled Chicken and Thai Mango Salad
Just a little paprika and salt and pepper on the chicken, browned on the stove in a cast iron pan and then baked in the oven. The salad is organic mango, red pepper and carrot with a peanut Thai dressing - organic natural peanut butter, siracha sauce, organic lime juice, a little agave, and grapeseed oil, topped with a little crushed peanuts.


Tuesday: Arctic Char and Green beans with a balsamic Dijon maple glaze
Fish was topped with olive oil and fresh lemon juice, then a homemade spice mix- paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, rosemary, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper, baked. Green beans sauteed with a mix of balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. 


Wednesday: Vegetable Stirfry with Black Quinoa
Organic red pepper, kale, broccoli, and zucchini sauteed with a mix of soy sauce, hoisin sauce and siracha, mixed with black quinoa. 




Thursday: Rainbow Trout with Kale & Cauliflower Mash
Fish prepared with fresh lemon juice, rosemary, black pepper and paprika, baked in the oven, Cauliflower and kale steamed then pureed with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper. 


Friday: Gluten free Pizza
The crust is an organic pre-made gluten free crust, it's very thin and really good. I do make my own crust occasionally but this is a fast easy dinner for a busy night. I used my home made spinach basil pesto, then added fresh organic spinach, sun dried tomatoes, fresh organic tomatoes, Italian cacciatore sausage, and green olives. Once it came out of the oven I sprinkled with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.


Saturday: Butternut Squash Risotto
We indulge on the weekends, and that's ok. Roasted the butternut squash in the oven with a bit of olive oil and then pureed it. Risotto was actually made by hubby- pretty standard risotto cooking method except we used earth balance instead of butter, organic chicken broth, and added fresh rosemary and lemon juice. Sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, home made hot pepper oil and a bit of maple syrup. yup, maple syrup. I found the recipe on pinterest, it calls for a sprinkle of bacon as a garnish as well, left that out but I will def add that in if I serve this to guests. It was divine. We smashed a fab bottle of red wine with this, it was a perfect Saturday dinner.



Sunday: A day off from cooking for me, we ate at our folks place.

No comments:

Post a Comment