Sunday, November 29, 2015

Oatmeal Superfood Muffins for Baby, or Mommy!

Oatmeal rocks. I love it, Lennon loves it, and we both eat it regularly. This recipe is from my cook book, I just adjusted it a bit for Lennon, but its not that much different and just as good I think. Easy to take on the go, packed with my fav superfoods and pretty easy to make. The hubbs loves these too. I play around with the add ons, and you can be creative: nuts, seeds, berries, choc chips, whatever!




Baby Oatmeal Superfood Muffins:

2 Organic eggs
1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce (1 of the applesauce containers)
1 ripe organic banana, mashed
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice, I use my homemade almond milk, but any is fine)
2 cups wheat free oats
1/4 chia seeds
2 tbs golden flaxmeal
1/4 cup organic hemp hearts
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic cinnamon
handful of frozen organic blueberries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix eggs, applesauce, banana, oil and milk. In a separate bowl combine oats, flax, chia, hemp hearts, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix wet into dry and blend well. Add blueberries, then scoop into lined muffin tins.


Bake for 20 mins- check, you might need a few more mins. Move to the top rack after 20 mins if you need a few more, just check with toothpick, if it comes out clean you are coolio. Enjoy. Freeze or store in the fridge.

The original version of this recipe can be found hww.blurb.ca/ebooks/461962-healthy-eating-never-tasted-so-good

No comments:

Post a Comment