Thursday, October 22, 2015

Baby Power Shake

I was asked to post this up from one of the mommies in my classes, so here it is!

I started giving these to Lennon as one of her first foods. Initially this was her whole meal, until she started eating actual solid foods with her hands, now I give her this as her fruit. Lennon likes to feed herself now- doesn't need mama anymore I guess lol.  I pack lots of healthy super foods in these so they have a bit of everything and lots of health benefits. I still use breast milk as the liquid but once my freezer supply is all done- I'm almost there- I am going to use coconut water or almond milk. I don't make these too liquidy, I feed them to my daughter with a spoon so it's kinda thick, like a thick milkshake, but you can def add more liquid and give it in a bottle or sippy cup. You can really experiment with what you put in them, and I usually make them a bit different every time. This is just a basic outline.

Baby Power Shake:

3 cups organic spinach (or any greens)
1 organic avocado
1 cup organic frozen blueberries
1 cup organic frozen raspberries
1 organic banana (or applesauce)
2 Tbs golden flax meal
2 Tbs organic hemp hearts
2 Tbs organic chia seeds
5-8 oz liquid ( breast milk, water, coconut water, almond milk...)

Put everything in the food processor and blend til smooth.




I pack these in little containers and freeze, just take out the morning of and its ready to go for lunch. This is basically what my power shakes are as well, so great for mam also! I start my day with one of these often. Easy and I can drink it in the car if I'm running late. I add brown rice protein powder to mine, that;s pretty much the only difference.

Here is a pic of the mommies and babies in my Thursday Mom and Baby Barre class at Body Barre Fitness:



Info for the class is on the schedule page of this blog if interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment