Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pilates Love!

My advice for working out is find something you enjoy doing.

I love Pilates.



I also love Yoga- but I'll save that for another post. I really believe Pilates helped me get back into shape after having a baby. It is also a safe form of exercise that you can do throughout your pregnancy as well. I did, and I think that was a factor in bouncing back quicly. You definitely have to modify towards the end of the pregnancy and certain moves can not be done, but there is a ton that can be.

This was me at 6.5 months preggo



and this was the last picture taken 2 days before little Lennon was born. That belly is crazy huge!





Strengthening your core is SO important!! As pilates is a very functional workout it can help avoid injury and long term wear and tear on joints and muscles. It allows the body to produce long, lean muscles, improves posture and body awareness.  You also get really strong with doing pilates regularly.  You feel and look strong.  It's really amazing what it can do for your body!

The exercises are very precise, slow, controlled movements which require a lot of core strength. You can almost always tell when someone is a pilates buff.  Its rad because you can safely rehab or work out someone who has an injury, but also kick someones ass with an intense workout. There are so many exercises, and different versions and modifications of the exercises that the possibilities are endless, so it's hard to get bored. I love to add props into my workouts and classes as well- flex bands, weights, stability ball, foam roller....It is a very conscious mind, body workout, similar to yoga where emphasis is on breath and choreographed movements. There are benefits in pilates for everyone whether you are older, young, strong or looking to get stronger.  I have been doing pilates for over 10 years and it still challenges me, and that is what I really love about it.











No comments:

Post a Comment