Thursday, October 29, 2015

Banana Oat Cookies - No flour, no eggs, no sugar

I've seen recipes for cookies like this all over pinterest, never tried making any of them but always wanted to. I came across one the other day and decided it was finally time to make my own interpretation on these babies, so here it is. So friggin' easy its ridiculous but totally yummy and baby/kid friendly. Cookies you can actually feel good about eating and giving to your kids. No flour, no eggs, no sugar.

For my version, I added my go-to super foods, plus some coconut and cinnamon because that's always a good thing. These can be for the grown ups or the babies. I give these to Lennon as a treat with any meal of the day or take along for a snack.She devours these. Super yum. For the grown up version add some chocolate chips, or nuts.  I think I'll add some dried blueberries and pumpkin seeds on the next batch.



Banana Oat Cookies:

2/3 cups oats
2 ripe organic bananas
2 Tbs flax meal
2 Tbs organic hemp hearts
1 Tbs organic chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut

Preheat the oven to 350. Mash the banana in a medium bow, then add everything else. Blend well.


Scoop onto parchment lines baking sheet and bake for roughly15 min. Check em' after 15 min and put back in for another few if they don't look done. I leave them a bit on the chewy side for Lennon, but I would cook them probably the full 15 maybe more for the adult version.


There is a container full of these in my freezer so when I'm craving a snack to satisfy my sweet tooth, these guys are there and I don't have to worry about having one, or two...or three.


No comments:

Post a Comment