Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pumpkin Time! Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffin Recipe

I'm a fan of fall.... well mostly a fan of Halloween, but I do also like things that come with the season, like pumpkins.




Pumpkin is great for breads, muffins, desserts...lots of possibilities.

I have a recipe for pumpkin muffins in my cookbook- available here: http://www.blurb.ca/ebooks/461962-healthy-eating-never-tasted-so-good

I modified the recipe slightly for Lennon, so these are baby pumpkin muffins. Only difference really is I took out the agave. Hubby needs the muffins a bit sweeter but I think these are good with, or without the agave.



Pumpkin Muffins:

1 cup almond flour
2 Tbs golden flax meal
2 Tbs organic hemp hearts
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp, nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
½ cup organic pumpkin puree
1 Tbs grapeseed oil 
2 organic eggs 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.                                                                                                                                        

Mix together all the dry in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all the wet, then blend it all together




Scoop out into lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 mins.


 I usually check at 15min, move to the top rack and bake for a few more min, just check with a toothpic. Freeze some or keep them all in the fridge, good for about a week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment